Santander buys majority stake in UK fintech Ebury for £350m. Read more
Ebury Partners Canada Ltd. (“Ebury Canada”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
As part of Our normal business operations We collect certain personal information from Our clients. This policy describes how we process the personal information that We collect or that you provide to Us. Please read this policy carefully to understand Our practices regarding your personal information.
By visiting www.ebury.ca (the “Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give Us.
• You may give Us information about yourself by filling in forms on Our Site or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use Our Site, subscribe to Our services, place an order on Our Site, transact on Our Site or report a problem with Our Site. The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit information, government issued identification numbers and date of birth.
Information We collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to Our Site We may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
Information We receive from other sources.
• We may receive information about you if you use any other websites We operate or other services We provide. This data may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
• We may collect your credit, financial and personal information from consumer or credit reporting agencies, financial institutions, public registries and other sources with your consent.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Our Site when they are using it. This helps Us to improve the way Our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our Site. This enables Us to personalise Our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make Our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Our Site.
Uses made of the information
Information you give to Us. – We will use this information:
• to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us;
• to provide you with information about other products and services offered by Ebury Canada or Our group of companies that We believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data;
• to notify you about changes to Our service;
• to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information We collect about you. – We will use this information:
• to administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of Our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information We receive from other sources. – We will use this information:
• We may combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of Our group, which means Our branches, Our representative offices, Our subsidiaries, to provide the services you have requested.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site.
• Service providers (including members of Our group acting in this capacity) who provide certain services on our behalf, such as data hosting and processing, order fulfilment, payment processing, analytics, customer service and support services.
• Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing and maintaining your credit score where this is a condition of Us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that We sell all or part of our business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal information to the buyer, who may use the information for substantially the same purposes as described in this Policy. We may also share information in connection with prospective transactions, so that the prospective buyer can determine whether to proceed.
Where We store your personal information
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored and processed by Us, Our group members and Our service providers, outside of Canada including in the European Union. All of your personal information will be afforded a high level of protection wherever it is processed and no matter whether it is held by Us, Our group or our service providers. However, while outside of Canada, personal information will be subject to applicable local laws, which may permit government and national security agencies to access personal information in certain circumstances.
All information you provide to Us is stored in a file on Our secure servers (or those of our service providers). Authorized employees, agents and service providers will have access to your personal information as necessary in connection with their role. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us at email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to request access to, or correction of, your personal information in Our custody or control. If you would like to make such a request, please write to us at the email address below. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing access or making any corrections.